At the present stage, in order to host important sports events in many areas in the future, at the beginning of the construction of the tender, the bidder of the venue requires the venue to pass FIFA (International Football Federation) related testing and certification. So today we will come to understand what testing standards and requirements the FIFA certified venues need to pass.
What tests need to pass in FIFA soccer grass field certification?
At present, the FIFA (International Football Federation) recommended mark is only issued to artificial turf football fields that have passed the testing and field inspection procedures of the FIFA testing agency, rather than single turf products. Only after passing the two stages of laboratory testing and site testing, can we obtain the FIFA recommended mark certification issued by FIFA. It is precisely because of the strictness of the testing process that the authority and professionalism of the certification are guaranteed.
Sample laboratory testing and soccer field testing
The testing process consists of two stages: laboratory testing and field testing. Laboratory testing is conducted by professional and authoritative testing organizations recognized by FIFA (Labosport in France, sportslabs in the United Kingdom, etc.). These independent testing organizations specialize in testing the surface of artificial turf according to the testing manual of FIFA and update them regularly. . These testing organizations must certify that their technicians and testing equipment meet FIFA’s high standards every year, and the test results are consistent in different laboratories. After passing a series of tests in the laboratory, it will enter the field inspection stage to conduct structural and performance tests on the paved court.
In the field testing phase, there are the following key indicators for field testing
- Ball rolling
- Vertical deformation
- Impact absorption
- The ball bounces
- Rotating torque
Finally, the designated laboratory will summarize the site inspection data, issue an on-site test report, submit it to FIFA for audit (the audit time is 1 month), and issue a site certificate.
The advantages of soccer field with a FIFA certification
At present, FIFA has two assessment standards for artificial turf courts, which represent the highest FIFA QUALITY PRO certification and FIFA QUALITY certification.
Among them, the stadiums that have reached the FIFA QUALITY PRO certification are mainly used for professional football training and competitions. The usage time is about 20 hours per week.
The stadiums that have achieved FIFA QUALITY certification are mainly used for leisure and entertainment, communities, and municipal schools. The usage time is about 40-60 hours per week.
The artificial turf football field certified by FIFA has six advantages.
- Recognition of the world’s highest quality. FIFA certification agency is the representative of the world’s highest agency, and its testing agency certification has the highest authority.
- The venues certified by FIFA are more likely to be recognized by football clubs, professional training schools, comprehensive competitive venues and stadiums.
- Guaranteed. Artificial turf manufacturers, pellet manufacturers, and shock-absorbing mat manufacturers have obtained FIFA certification and have a certain degree of reliability and credibility.
- Easy to query. The artificial turf certified by FIFA is recorded in the FIFA official website database, which is convenient for players, coaches and users to inquire and verify.
- Long service life. FIFA-certified artificial turf, pellets and floor mats have been tested for durability and weather resistance in the laboratory. The artificial turf football field has a long service life.
- Provide more performance. The FIFA-certified venue has better performance and comfort, providing athletes with a good training and competition environment.
At present, DG has participated in the construction of more than 20 professional venues that have passed FIFA certification. DG football grass TPE infilling granules and shock pad have also passed relevant tests such as Labosport.
During the rapid growth, DG will continue to cooperate with relevant sports field contractors in football grass projects to bring more FIFA certified soccer fields to end users, and contribute its own strength to promote the development of football grass.